We deliver high-quality, lasting results while also building a group’s skill and confidence to adapt and innovate long after the engagement comes to a close. We choose our client-partners carefully, committing all of our talents to causes we believe in and people we respect and enjoy.
We achieve this by blending the roles of:
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of the things you don’t see.”
– James Baldwin
We help groups strengthen their commitment, analytical clarity, and operational skill to advance equity – programmatically, operationally, and culturally – through comprehensive change processes. We rarely do discrete trainings, given their limited ability to create lasting change; occasionally, we will begin with a short-term training engagement designed to catalyze buy-in for a more comprehensive process.
A “comprehensive change process” requires a minimum of nine months and on average one to three years, which we scope out about a year at a time. Every engagement is unique, based on a group’s context and culture, starting capacity, and aspirations; all engagements are productive and practical, oriented toward actionable results. Whatever the engagement, capacity is being built along the way to sustain the learning and change.
An engagement can focus on the organization as a whole or a particular area as a starting point for system-wide change. Comprehensive engagements typically include some combination of the following activities and deliverables:
- Equity Leadership Development and Coaching
- Equity Assessment
- Introductory and Advanced Equity Training/Education
- Facilitated Racial Equity Action Learning Communities (REAL Communities) for Continuous Learning, Support, and Accountability
- Articulation of an Equity Point of View, Theory of Change, and/or Results Framework
- Equity Values Clarification and Alignment
- Equity Action Planning and/or Strategic Plan Integration
- Technical Assistance for Implementation on Priority Equity Strategies and Goals